How does one celebrate an accomplishment such as this?
A giveaway, naturally. My very first - be excited!
All you need to do is comment on how blogging, or reading a fantastic blog such as mine, has changed your life. I'll randomly select a winner on February 22.
The prize? A $20 Amazon.com gift card. This is one of my favorite sites and can be used by anyone all the world over.
Please follow my blog because on this, my 500th post, I am making a goal to reach 50 followers.
How has blogging changed my life?
- In my vocabulary, the phrase, "I blogged about it, " has become synonymous with, "I thought about it."
- I have effectively stopped writing in my journal. I used to print blog entries and e-mails to tape into my journal, but you really can't beat a publicly accessible written personal history.
- I contemplate my opinions more thoroughly and develop more of them.
- I have built-in conversation pieces with most of my friends while we discuss one of our latest entries.
- My personal communications have suffered because when friends I haven't spoken with in awhile ask me what has been going on in my life, I refer them to my blog. Oops.
- I've developed stronger friendships with my readers. As they read my opinions on things that never would have just randomly come up in conversation, we realize we have more in common in thought and deed than we ever could have known. And we bond. Precious.
- I have a built-in therapist. Through writing things out, I've been able to express myself and often times come to startling realization about things I am struggling with. And I've been able to share my celebrations!
- I have realized people do care what I have to say.
- I have a creative outlet.
How has blogging/reading a fantastic blog influenced your life?