This recipe yields about 3 dozen.
1.5 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
3 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Almond Extract
4.5 C Flour
3 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
.75 tsp Cream of Tartar
6 tsp Sugar & 3 tsp Cinnamon mixed together
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream Butter & Sugars
- Blend in Eggs, Vanilla, Almond Extract
- Blend in Cinnamon, Salt, Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar
- Blend in Flour
- This dough is a-mazing. Go ahead, take a spoonful
- Refrigerate dough for an hour. This is not absolutely necessary, but really does make a good difference. Aim for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. If you don't have time, just stick the dough in the fridge while each batch is in the oven.
- Roll dough into slightly larger than a walnut size (2-3 tablespoons)
- Roll dough balls into cinnamon/sugar topping mixture
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. You will know they are done because they will be slightly cracked on the top. Do not overcook, these are best chewy.
- Let cookies cool and chow down!
|Snickerdoodles in the middle of this display from my "A Christmas Story" Party|