These are the songs that cause me to sit with my finger ready on the radio buttons, to rid myself of this obnoxious noise like a hot potato.
1. Little Drummer Boy (except for the Bing Crosby/David Bowie version)
2. Christmas Shoes
3. Happy Christmas (The War is Over)
4. The Twelve Days of Christmas
5. Do You Hear What I Hear
Ironically, the song voted most annoying by the general public (Last Christmas by Wham!) does grate my cheese, just not nearly as much as those listed above.
These songs are hot chocolate for the soul.
1. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie/Bing Crosby
2. I'll Be Home For Christmas - any crooner or Karen Carpenter
3. The Christmas Waltz - Karen Carpenter
4. Count Your Blessings - Bing Crosby
5. White Christmas
Ok, so I can't stop at five -here are four runners-up:
6. Little Colored Lights - Susan Egan
7. Marshmallow World - Dean Martin
8. Merry Christmas, Darling - Karen Carpenter
9. It's not the Presents Under my Tree - Eva Cassidy
(I realized I like way too many Christmas songs, how can I not mention these gems? Oh Holy Night, A Christmas Song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Let it Snow!, Baby It's Cold Outside, Snow, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Silver Bells, Joy to the World, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Somewhere in my Memory, etc. etc. etc.)
What are your favorites or least favorites?