Kristie (and several others) tagged me awhile ago to complete this lil blog challenge, but I spaced it. So here it is, minus the re-tagging bit.
11 random things about me.
1. I have never had a car payment or any other form of debt in my life.
2. I can't give up on anything until I've given it every last bit of what I have.
3. I have not read nor viewed anything to do with Twilight. It once came on in the cardio cinema when I was running my little heart out and I left to go to the regular cardio section.
4. I love Morningstar hot and spicy vegan breakfast "sausages" with a passion. More specifically, I love to over-heat/near-burn them so they are a little more difficult to chew and crunchy like beef jerky. Yum.
5. Sometimes, I just love getting dirty - like Ultimate Frisbee in the mud. If you are gonna go, just go all the way.
6. I hope to someday promote the menu I lost four pounds on - it was called, "Chocolate milk and Peanut M&Ms." Dead. Serious.
7. A couple of years ago, I got pretty sick back-to-back. I finally went to the doctor for round two and she did some tests and let me know I'd done permanent damage to my lungs because I didn't come in sooner. Seeing the panic on my face, she let me know, "Oh don't worry, you'll be fine, except when you get sick, your lungs will just take longer to heal." I hadn't experienced any of what she told me I would because, well, I hadn't been sick that way. Two weeks ago I got sick that way. All my other symptoms have been clear for four days now. But my lungs? Still itching like c-r-a-z-y and I dry-cough like an old man. Lame.
8. I firmly maintain my belief that going to the gym daily keeps me from getting ill. The aforementioned two-week illness? It struck on day four of not going to the gym - I was out of town and simply couldn't. Tell me this doesn't only confirm my belief. Sheesh.
9. I recently cleaned out the trunk of my '93 Honda Civic. What was to be found? Lots of tools, half a dozen softballs, a few frisbees, cones for marketing zones for ultimate frisbee, cheesy peanut butter crackers galore, oil, and transmission fluid. I'm not so sure you'd have known I am a girl if you'd just looked in my trunk.
10. I love doing laundry. I love that fresh smell. I even have a perfume scent "Fresh Laundry" that I spray in my gym bag every day and a rollerball called "Shower Fresh" for after gym. But I kinda don't like putting laundry away at all. In fact, my clean clothes often sit on my bedroom floor for a day or two before I get around to it. This is from a self-professed neat-freak.
11. I won an iPad2 for being employee of the year for work. I used it for a couple weeks. I haven't touched it in a couple months. I feel guilty. And I regret opening it, because if I hadn't, I could even-exchange it for the new version. Grr. Of course, who is to say if I would use that one either. How can I integrate the iPad into my life more? Droid3 and Laptop do everything I need...or at least everything I think I need.
Kristi's questions for me.
1. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are they're names?
Yes! Conor girl. She is a poofy-tailed tiger kitty.
2. What is your favorite dessert of all time?
This question is blasphemous. You can't play favorites in something this weighty. So, I'll say the first thing that popped into my mind. The cookie in a pan with homemade ice-cream and fresh caramel and chocolate sauces drizzled on top - served at ESPN Zone in NYC, which no longer exists. Sad. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. I recently bought two special cast-iron cookie pans so I can make some of my own.
3. Are you an Oxford Comma user?
You better believe it.
4. What's the best field trip you ever went on?
COSI in Columbus in 4th grade - I found $23 on the floor. If you count my show choir trip to perform in Disney World a field trip then definitely that one, but it wasn't a "field trip."
5. If you had a time machine and could travel to any time in history, what would it be?
Shall I just have all of you answer this for me?
For fun? Anytime post-war 1940s - late 1950s.
For absolute thrills? When the pyramids were being built. Or when the Roman Empire was bustling. Or to the civilizations that built all the strange formations in South America. Or to Atlantis! Umm...I love the History Channel a little too hard.
6. Who is the most influential teacher you ever had? Why?
My 7th grade language arts teacher. I had become fat and depressed and unsure of myself. She encouraged my passion for intelligence and writing. Then she encouraged my passion for gymnastics. She saw me transform and shared with me how proud she was of me every day. Then she asked me to join a competitive writing team - where I made it through all the cuts to state competition. She truly showed me I could be or do anything. She also helped me through my grandfather's death from cancer only one short year before she passed away from the same disease. I loved her.
7. What is your favorite makeup product?
Mascara. I actually have quite long, luscious lashes. But they are blonde. I've never had to wear false lashes on stage when equipped with the right mascara.
8. What's better? Clean sheets or new pillows?
Clean sheets for every day. New pillows for once a year. Of course, with down pillows, you just fluff 'em up and they are like new every day!
9. What is your favorite poem?
Whatever my heart is currently singing. Cheesy, right? Cause I don't have a favorite. I used to write poems in 7th grade. Maybe you can take that "travel back in time" question and go to 7th grade me and ask her?
10. What is your secret to happiness?
Hope. That's the first thing that came to mind. As far as people go, I'm pretty darned happy. I've often thought about what has made my attitude so different from those around me and all I can think of is that I unceasingly, unfailingly cling to hope. I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I live each day in the faith and hope that I am putting together another piece of the puzzle to one day see the full picture that He already sees.
11. What's your favorite movie of all time?
Again, blasphemy. I perhaps should have placed in my 11 random facts that I have an excruciatingly difficult time picking favorites. What are some that I love? Jurassic Park, A League of Their Own, The Hot Chick (don't judge), Shawshank Redemption (edited, of course), The Help, Goonies, LOTR, Indiana Jones, You've Got Mail, etc.