Well you know what? It is about time I share with you some moments of my own date crazies.
- I whined, "But Daddy!" Doesn't go over well and I still feel a little sick to my stomach...ewwwwww.
- I asked him during the date if he had thought about asking out another certain young lady. Bad idea, but for the record, they got married!
- I let a man drive all the way from Las Vegas to take me out, even though I knew I wasn't interested. In my defense, he said he was coming up to visit a friend anyway and I was only 18 - too young yet to know how to handle that situation.
- I have this nervous laugh. Ever heard, "Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else?" If you are a klutz, ask me out, cause you'll feel like the best comedian in the world. I'm sorry...I just...I really can't help myself. It's funny!
- Twice I have fallen asleep when a guy was over to watch a movie. And both men let themselves out afterwards so as to not disturb me. I felt so dumb.
- During the dreaded discussion resulting in the end of a relationship, a young man told me that he could tell I was not physically attracted to him. And he was right:-(
- I went on one blind date with a fella and then made him 3 dozen cookies (3 different kinds) and 1 dozen brownies. Note to 22-year old Larissa - he will think you are desperate and visiting his doorstep from crazy-town. So not okay.
- I was very upset with a man with whom I was contemplating marriage. He was trying to heal the wounds and said, "You know I love you, right?" Okay, first, in the middle of a spat is not the time to tell someone you love them for the first time. How did my 25-year old self handle that one? I retorted, "I don't know why you would tell me that, you know I don't love you." Yeah, now you hate me:-) I did tell him I loved him within a week, but there is no taking back that kind of damage.
- I once dated a young man whom I was falling for, but far from the point of being ready to marry him, although he had brought it into discussions. He tried to propose. I bawled my eyes out - major ugly cry - for thirty minutes while he held me...shouldn't I have been consoling him?
- I had been dating a lot. I had several dates lined up with different men. The one I liked the most told me he loved me one afternoon. I didn't cancel my date for that evening. Instead, I opted to be on the date before telling number two I would no longer be able to accept dates from him.
Your turn to confess!