My first binge was a full-on attack of everything exceeding a caloric value of more than 500 - for four days straight. Monday I wore this adorable dress that just happens to snap up in the back instead of zip.
(mainly because I have worn the dress a half dozen times and never had this problem).
After my second binge, I immediately called my father to confess my sins. Black Friday and I have never gotten along so well. Then the remorse set it. I thought maybe I should return some items.
But you know what Dad said? "Larissa, you have a good job and you do a good job with saving most of the year. When do you splurge on clothes like this? Once per year? If that? You deserve it! Enjoy!"
To justify this a little, in the past two weeks I have:
- Once worn my coat all day at work (not by choice) because my sweater had a hole that huge in the armpit
- Found holes in the elbows of two sweaters I was wearing to work
- Found a hole on the belly of yet a fourth outfit I was wearing to work
- Realized the seams in my favorite (aka most comfortable) pair of work flats are shredding
- Ripped three holes in the bum of one of my favorite pairs of pajamas
The grand total? An arm and a leg, but only $12 more than the combined original retail price of just two of these items.
Can you guess which two items originally almost totaled the sum of the lot? Can you guess the grand total? (I'll give you a clue - the total Retail Value was originally $1600)
First person to correctly guess either of the aforementioned gets to guest blog for Larissa Explains It All! Or, if you don't like writing, I'll write a post all about you!
I present to you, my Black Friday acquisitions: