I discovered white pizza on a random day in New York City. We put in our names to eat at Serendipity, but given the hour-long wait, we decided to get some lunch across the street at Patsy's Pizzeria before our dessert. My sister, Britney, and I both love cheese and decided to order something we'd never heard of, but appealed to us due to it's "all cheese, no sauce" nature - white pizza.
That day, dear friends, was the day I fell in love. Every single trip we have taken to New York since has involved at least one trip to Patsy's for white pizza.
I have been to over a half dozen pizzerias in Salt Lake City and none of them come close to replicating my Patsy's, not even the one that so kindly tried to replicate a recipe from online for us. Naturally, I had to create my own. Unfortunately, I have no coal oven and don't want the fuss of making hand-tossed dough, so regular ole store-bought dough will have to do.
I served this super easy recipe at my 2014 Tony Awards party to rave reviews - one guest even told me that my white pizza deserved a Tony.
- 1 thin-crust pizza dough (use the in-a-can kind at your grocery store or buy at local pizzeria)
- Pre-minced garlic (dollar a jar, so worth not having to mince your own and lasts forever)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, little more if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste (1 tsp - 1 tbsp)
- hand-shredded into tiny pieces of fresh basil to your liking - 1-2 tablespoons or 2 sprigs of leaves should be enough
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 - 1 cup ricotta
- 3/4 - 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano
- Several Slices of fresh mozzarella or about 12 balls of fresh mozzarella - your choice - heck add a ton of cheese if you want, it's your pizza! Just make sure there is some fresh mozz in every bite.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Evenly spread olive oil over cookie sheet
- Spread dough onto cookie sheet
- Lightly dab minced garlic all over dough, be careful to not over-do it but also get it evenly distributed
- Place dough in the oven for 5 minutes
- Spread shredded mozz on dough over entire crust, leave no edges (continue covering entire crust when adding toppings)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over mozz & dough to your liking
- Sprinkle oregano evenly
- Dollop teaspoon sized mounds of ricotta all over dough, making sure to leave them in their dollop-mounds
- Sprinkle parmigiano-reggiano evenly
- Spread fresh mozz (slices or balls, whatever you chose) over entire pizza
- Sprinkle hand-shredded tiny pieces of basil evenly
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400
- Cool at least five minutes on the sheet before eating, but if you want to burn your tongue, go for it sooner
I didn't take a picture, but I will post one next time I make this, which shouldn't be too long:-)
Help someone who need Herpes Cure from Natural Roots and Herbs today.
I'm not ashamed of testifying the goodness of Dr. AKINTUNDE in my life and my beloved mom too, how we where cured from this Virus after spending so much money on phamacytical drugs for years and still my mom was having frequent Outbreak and different symptoms everyday. But in less than five weeks of meeting Dr. Akintunde and I told him about my situation and he prepared some herbal medicine and send to me and I took as he directed me. I was cured of HSV1 Using only the Natural Herbal medicine Dr. Akintunde sent to me through courier service, and later, after I was confirmed Negative, he also send this herbal medicine to my mom and in four weeks of using the herbal medicine she was also tested and confirm negative. So i guarantee anyone because of my promise to Dr. Akintunde, that I will refer anyone that have this health issue to him for treatment and total Cure of this Virus. This Herbal medicine has no side effect rather my mom blood pressure is now perfect, no more Cold Sores, Sore Throat fatigue and Outbreak stopped immediately mom started taking the Herbal medicine. thank you Dr. AKINTUNDE Herbal Home Care. Stay Bless Sir. This is Dr. Akintunde details below.👇
WhatsApp Number: +12068994141
Post a Comment